31 Dec 2021 and beyond: How facing death has paved the path for a life with purpose
Four months ago, I was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. The revelation shocked me – I had always maintained a healthy lifestyle. I realised I had a choice with regards to how I react to my diagnosis. I devised a holistic strategy, which included collating a support team of international experts, adjusting my diet and exercise regime, taking multiple supplements, repurposed medicines, and a daily pill of targeted therapy to stop the disease in its tracks.
This strategy has drastically reduced the size of my tumors and, in many cases, removed them. I am now managing a chronic disease until a cure is found.
Facing death has been the greatest gift. I’m learning meaningful lessons that now pave the path for a life with purpose.
I’m now working on:
– living my purpose and focussing on what matters
– strengthening relationships as a partner, friend and mum
– prioritising self-care and not viewing it as laziness
– not being a slave to my to-do list
– becoming wiser and sharing my wisdom with others
Your values will define and decide on what you invest in. Invest in yourself because wisdom creates wealth and happiness.